This executive education program, offered by Tuck Executive Education in partnership with the Center for Digital Strategies, will enhance your leadership, financial, and communication skills, so that you may engage more effectively with other business leaders throughout your enterprise. You will also refine your understanding of risk management and decision making and have the opportunity to share best practices with colleagues from other companies to gain insight into the real-world issues they are facing today.
- Solidify financial understanding and analytical skills
- Enhance leadership skills and learn to lead through influence
- Sharpen business-communications approach skills
- Broaden understanding of risk management and decision making
- Share best practices and approaches to current security challenges
- Build a network of professional colleagues
- Develop strategic thinking and planning skills
These topics will be presented through a variety of methods, including case studies, lectures, interactive discussions, and individual and small-group exercises.
- Leadership, Power, and Influence: Examine how concepts of influence and power can define authority and control, and how effective leaders influence others and effect change.
- Financial Statements and Business Analysis: Understand corporate financial statements, their use, how they relate to metrics for evaluating business performance, and why they matter.
- Financial Cost-Benefit and Project Funding: Understand forecasting and financial decision making, especially as it relates to project funding and how CFOs view investment decisions.
- Risk, Investment, and Decision Making: Acquire deeper understanding of the psychology of risk, information security as risk management, decision-making biases, and risk analysis in uncertain conditions.
- Effective Communications Approaches: Refine your communications strategy by sharpening your objectives, analyzing your audience, and honing your message; enhance your understanding of the importance of corporate-reputation protection.
- Best Practices in Information Security: Exchange best practices and approaches to real-world security issues with a group of colleagues who share your concerns and challenges but bring different perspectives to the table. Learn an information security risk assessment methodology used in a Global 500 corporation today.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for CISOs and their direct reports who seek to enhance their business and financial skills and deepen their understanding of risk analysis to complement their technical expertise. Participants will also learn how to dialogue more effectively with other business leaders in the corporation. Other senior information security managers who must interact with colleagues across the enterprise are welcome, depending on their level of responsibility and business engagement.
Paul Argenti, Pino Audia, Hans Brechbühl, M. Eric Johnson, Stephen Powell, Anant K. Sundaram
Tuck Executive Education offers the best in management education, taught by world-class faculty renowned as leading business thinkers who tackle real-world business problems. They engage executives in an active and collaborative learning process that equips executives with skills to address the challenges their companies face.