The Digital Enterprise and Changing Business Models
Roundtable on Digital Strategies Publication
Our world is increasingly digitized, characterized by pervasive connectivity of people and things and overwhelming amounts of data. Advances in artificial intelligence, 3D printing, and a dozen other technologies are changing the landscape for business and IT at an accelerating pace.
In April 2016, The Roundtable on Digital Strategies convened to discuss the nature and future of enterprises in this environment:
- What does it mean to be a “digital enterprise?”
- How are existing businesses being challenged by new digitally-enabled business models?
- What are the key elements of shifting to a digital business strategy?
- What technologies are driving the change?
- How do enterprises need to change their relationship with customers, with employees, and with data itself?
Participants in the Roundtable’s European Chapter included CIOs, heads of digital technology and other senior leaders from Clariant, Hilti, LafargeHolcim, the International Committee of the Red Cross, its sister group the International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies, as well as academic representation from the University of Lucerne. The session was hosted by the IFRC and ICRC at the ICRC Geneva headquarters.