Cybersecurity: Building Secure Connected Healthcare Organizations
The US cyber health ecosystem represents diverse participants including multi-national corporations, small private providers, payers, suppliers, governments, and individuals. Combined with this business layer is the rapidly expanding networked device layer of the internet of things (IoT). The evolution of medical devices has radically transformed the treatment of many acute and chronic illnesses. Intelligent adversaries exploiting vulnerabilities in any part of this ecosystem, create incidents that rapidly propagate to unsuspecting members. Hospitals, suppliers and payers alike face risks ranging from theft of private information, hold-ups, denial of service attacks, and fraud. Individuals face risks ranging from privacy violations to medical identity theft and personal harm. In the increasingly connected health delivery system, innovative solutions are required to ensure uninterrupted communications, service availability, and protection of critical individual, corporate or government data and information.
In this workshop, we will discuss what this means for organizations, seeking to address how we each see these challenges and what we can do to better mitigate them. Specifically, we will address questions such as:
- What does the cyber landscape look like in healthcare? How different is it than three years ago? What are the trends we each see and how do they fit together? How do the trends in different players in the industry / value chain differ and what is the impact?
- What are the biggest concerns for organizations? Holdups? Privacy breaches? Denial of service? Advanced persistent threats? Industrial espionage? Security of devices and control systems? Comprise of financial or payment systems?
- What are the particular cyber risks emanating from the hyper-expansion of mobile connectivity? How are you dealing with BYOD? What directions are you headed with mobile device management (MDM)? Is your organization developing mobile apps, and if so, what particular concerns does this raise? What particular challenges does the growth of IoT bring?
- What are the cyber vulnerabilities that result from all the outsourcing, partnering and cloud-storing we do? What about the increased collaboration with customers?
- How can executives develop organizational capabilities to sense and respond to evolving vulnerabilities and threats? What governance approaches have been most successful?