Beyond Security: The Importance of Trust in the Digital Age
Trust is a cornerstone of business relationships – with customers, employees, partners, suppliers, investors, and the general public. In the digital age, it’s easier than ever to destroy trust – and to keep problems hidden. As enterprises move more of their businesses online and transform business models to be digitally-enabled, they increase the risk of data breaches, cyber events, and violations of trust across the enterprise and value chain.
The 2019-20 Britt Technology Impact Series will examine the state of trust in today’s businesses, moving beyond purely security breaches to explore the impact of technology on trust across the enterprise and throughout value chains.
Key questions to be addressed by the series:
- What is trust and why is it important to businesses?
- How is trust different in the digital age?
- How is trust lost or destroyed? Can organizations rebuild trust? How?
- What roles do security and privacy play in managing trust?
- How do data breaches impact trust? What can managers do to prevent data breaches?
- What are the financial implications of trust?
- What role does culture play in managing trust and how can organizations create a culture that emphasizes the importance of trust?